Friday, June 17, 2011

Essence of Beauty Deluxe Duo Set Face Brushes (My go to travel face brushes)

Finally I have some spare time to write a post again ^^..  This month has been a super duper hectic month so I am truly apologize for my absence.. Okay on to the topic guys..

Since I'll be going on a vacation next week, I'll be reviewing one of my favorite travel make up brushes that I like to bring with..
It's the Essence of Beauty Deluxe Duo Set Face Brushes..

I bought this set online probably a year ago for about Rp 210.000,- (around $21).. You also can find this brushes on CVS for around $14.99 but we don't have CVS here in Indonesia (aaarghh... >.<)..
When I first got it, the brushes smelled weird.. They smelled like a goat especially the white angle blush brush side.. I had to washed it 3 times until I able to used it on my face.. I wonder does this thing ever happen to you guys?? or did I have the failure one..

But in terms of the quality this brushes are made of high quality hairs, it's even comparable with high end brushes.. I have this brushes for a year and it still like brand new one..
With this set you will get 3 duo sided brushes and 6 uses of them.. (it will safe space in your make up bag)

Here they are..
  • Foundation & Concealer duo sided brush (Flat foundation type of brush like MAC 109.. I like the concealer brush because it has pointed tip really great for those hard-to-reach corners)

  • Blush & Powder duo sided brush (The angle blush brush is doing a good job for applying blush.. On the other hand the powder brush is to small for setting my powder so what I like to do is using it as a highlighting brush.. Works pretty well since it has a tapered shape)

  • Blending & Eye Shadow duo sided brush (The blending brush I like to use it to set my under eye concealer with a powder.. While the eye shadow brush well I don't use it for that purpose.. I use it for contour my nose since it has angle shape and fit my nose perfectly)

I like those brushes, but the down side is I still have to bring my other face brushes like a powder brush (since I don't like the powder brush from the set) and a brush for my bronzer.. But still it does safe some spaces in your make up bag since it has two sided.. and I love the quality of them..

Here's my review  :
PRO  :
  • You get 6 uses of brushes with affordable price..
  • The brushes is soft and made of high quality hairs and materials.. I use it almost a year and it still like brand new one
  • It comes with a zip lock plastic case which I like to use since I cannot put my duo sided brushes in a regular brush case..
CON  :
  • The brushes smell weird *_* (at least the one that I bought)
Overall I will recommend this brush set.. Nice and affordable.. ^^
Do you have one guys ?? Let me know what you think about them..

2 comments:

  1. dr dulu pengen bgt sama brush ini tp ga kesampean hehe lagi pula brush-ku udh bnyk jg sih :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku juga udah ga nambah2 lagi kok.. males nyucinya kalo kebanyakan hehe...

    ReplyDelete